For those of you who are looking for ideas to make snacks for your little ones that will also be liked by other family members, you can try the fruit-filled mochi recipe. This recipe is really hype on social media, especially on TikTok.
For the fruit filling, they usually use fruit that tastes not too sweet and watery, such as strawberries, mangoes or kiwi fruit. Then, how do you make this viral fruit-filled mochi recipe?
Viral Fruit Filled Mochi Recipe
To get creative with the fruit-filled mochi recipe, actually any fruit can be used as the filling. So just adjust to your liking.
Suppose you want to make mochi filled with strawberries, then prepare the strawberries. Or if you want to make mochi filled with mangoes, then prepare the mangoes. Or if you want to make mochi filled with kiwi fruit, you also need to prepare the kiwi fruit.
But here the fruit-filled mochi recipe that we share is just in general. But as an illustration, we will use fruit strawberries as a filling. So if you want to use other fruit fillings, you can adjust it yourself!
OK, here’s the recipe:
Fruit filled mochi ingredients
The ingredients that need to be prepared consist of several categories, namely the categories of wet ingredients, dry ingredients, stuffing ingredients, and complementary ingredients.
Anything can be filled with ingredients, but this time we will give a sample mochi recipe filled with strawberries. So the stuffing that we prepare is strawberry fruit.
Wet ingredients that need to be prepared:
- Full Cream UHT Milk 200 ml
- Coconut milk kara 1 pack
- Granulated sugar 60 grams
- Cooking oil 1 tablespoon
Dry ingredients that need to be prepared:
- Glutinous flour 165 grams
- Corn flour 15 grams
- Strawberry fruit to taste
Complementary materials needed:
- Toasted corn flour to taste
How to make mochi filled with fruit
If all the required ingredients have been prepared, now enter the procedure for making this very viral fruit filled cake.
Step by step make it as follows:
- First, mix all the wet ingredients first then stir evenly
- Prepare another container, mix the dry ingredients and then mix well.
- To the dry ingredients, pour ½ of the wet ingredients and stir again.
- Pour in the remaining wet ingredients and mix again.
- Sieve the mixture so that there are no lumps.
- After making sure there are no lumps in the dough, steam the mixture for about 25-30 minutes or until cooked over medium heat.
- Make sure that the steamer is hot beforehand and that a napkin has been placed on the lid of the steamer so that steam does not fall into the mixture.
- Check the dough with a skewer. If nothing sticks anymore, that’s a sign that the dough is ready.
- If the dough is cooked, remove it from the steamer and while it’s still hot stir the dough for about 5 minutes until the dough is elastic.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it cool down.
- Prepare the base and sprinkle it with roasted corn flour. Open the dough and also sprinkle the top with roasted corn flour.
- Roll out the dough
- Print it into a circle shape and fill the inside with strawberries.
- Close the dough tightly and round it until it is perfectly round.
- If the dough feels sticky, sprinkle the dough with roasted corn flour.
- Store the dough in the refrigerator for about 1 hour before enjoying.
Good luck making the strawberry mochi recipe above!
How? Pretty easy to follow, isn’t the recipe above? You can try it yourself at home! Or if for example you want the filling to have a slightly sweet taste, you can add melted chocolate powder or chocolate bars. That way the taste will be more elegant and different.
Oh yes, the viral fruit-filled mochi recipe above can not only be used as a snack for the family, you know! But as a dish when there is an event, it is definitely very suitable. Or if you intend to sell culinary products, you can also use the recipe idea above as your selling idea. Surely many will like it.
Want to create other cake recipes? Read : Practical Cake Recipes For Sale [Korean Garlic Cheese Bread, Cinnamon Rolls]
Those are the fruit-filled mochi recipe creations that are viral on social media for you to try. Happy serving special dishes for your beloved family, moms!