Trenggalek, a city in the province of East Java which was once famous for the city of Gaplek, has quite a number of culinary tours that you can enjoy. One of the legendary culinary tours from the famous Trenggalek is lodho. Want to know Trenggalek’s Lodho recipe?
For those of you who might not be able to find Trenggalek lodho outlets and want to make it yourself at home, here’s an interesting recipe that you need to understand and try. Check it out!
Trenggalek Typical Lodho Recipes
Lodho is a typical dish Trenggalek which is identical made from chicken meat and seasoned with various spices with a distinctive taste. Usually this Trenggalek typical lodho recipe is also served with a complement of vegetable ointment.
Many people in Trenggalek, East Java make lodho as a dish for congratulations, thanksgiving events, thanksgiving and other important events. In addition, it is used as a menu for breakfast, lunch and others which are also very suitable.
Want to know the ingredients and how to make it? Here we will provide material information and how to make it!
Trenggalek special lodho chicken ingredients
The ingredients that need to be prepared to be creative with this dish are the chicken as the main ingredient and the seasoning ingredients.
Chicken ingredients that need to be prepared consist of:
- Free-range chicken 1 tail, clean the feathers and wash thoroughly
- Cayenne pepper 10 pieces
- Galangal 2 tablespoons, bruised
- Lemongrass 2 sticks, bruised
- Kaffir lime leaves 2 pieces
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Brown sugar 1 tablespoon
- Coconut milk 500 ml/from ½ coconut
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil for stir-fry
Lodho chicken seasoning ingredients that need to be prepared:
- Shallots 10 grains
- Garlic 5 cloves
- Cayenne pepper 5 pieces
- Candlenut roasted 4 grains
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric 2 cm
- Kencur 2 cm
- Ginger 1 cm
Complementary materials needed:
- Vegetable rub (optional)
How to make Trenggalek typical lodho chicken
If all the ingredients have been prepared, now follow the procedure for making Lodho chicken typical of Trenggalek below:
- Clean the prepared chicken.
- Skewer the chicken that has been cleaned with bamboo and then grilled over hot coals until the color turns brownish yellow
- Sauté ground spices, lemongrass, galangal, bay leaves and kaffir lime leaves and make sure it smells good.
- Pour the coconut milk, salt, brown sugar into the stir fry and stir gently until it boils.
- Enter the chicken that had been grilled and whole bird’s eye chilies. Cook over medium heat while occasionally stirring until the coconut milk reduces.
- Remove and serve with vegetable ointment.
Or do you want to know how to make vegetable ointment?
Recipe for Complementary Vegetable Urap Recipes for Typical Lodho Trenggalek Cuisine
Vegetable urap is a dish made from processed vegetables, spices and grated young coconut. The taste is savory and distinctive. Eaten with the typical Trenggalek lodho recipe is indeed very delicious.
Or eaten with warm white rice and crackers is enough. What are the ingredients?
Vegetable ointment ingredients
Main ingredients required:
- Long beans to taste
- Sprouts to taste, discard the dirty or brown ends
- Kale to taste
- Winged bean to taste
Note: for the vegetables above can be replaced with other vegetables according to taste
Vegetable ointment ingredients that need to be prepared:
- ½ fruit rather young coconut, grated
- Grilled shrimp paste 1 piece
- Red chili 2 pieces
- Cayenne pepper 2 pieces, can be added if you like spicy
- Kencur 1 item
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
How to cook vegetable ointment
With all the ingredients that have been prepared above, follow the cooking method below:
- Wash all the vegetables first and cut them according to taste (make sure the pieces are not too small).
- Steam or boil vegetables with a little water so that when the vegetables are cooked, the water is gone.
- Grind the ground spices and mix with grated coconut. Stir well and mix with vegetables.
Don’t mix all the grated coconut and sambal. If there are still leftovers, they can be steamed so they don’t spoil quickly and can be used again in the afternoon or at night.
Want to cook chicken recipes or other vegetable recipes? For other chicken recipes, read: Special Butter Soy Sauce Chicken Recipe For Breakfast, Lunch Or Dinner
For those of you who want to cook vegetable creations, read: Recipe for Special Vegetable Pecel, Healthy and Delicious Breakfast at Home Come on!
That’s the creation of a lodho recipe typical of Trenggalek and at the same time a recipe for vegetable ointment as a complement to dishes that you can try. Happy cooking and serving to your beloved family!