Want to eat goat tongseng but abstain from coconut milk? Eits, calm down moms! Now there is a recipe for goat tongseng without coconut milk that you can try at home.
If your family members happen to be lovers of processed goat but are abstaining from consuming coconut milk even though people who abstain from coconut milk are also not recommended to consume too much meat, then you can try this recipe for tongseng goat without coconut milk.
You can serve this recipe as a healthy tongseng menu at home, but remember that you still have to be careful and don’t eat too much, moms. Here’s the recipe!
Goat Tongseng Recipe Without Coconut Milk
Mutton tongseng dishes are actually authentic dishes of origin Boyolali, Central Java. If you have ever visited the city of Boyolali, this cannot be denied because it has even become a famous sculptural icon of this city.
You will see a statue of a tongseng trader which is enshrined as an icon of the city of Boyolali. Now, processed goat tongseng is increasingly famous and has even spread to all corners of the archipelago.
Usually, goat tongseng is also suitable to be eaten together with processed satay. For the satay, the famous one is Madura satay. Want to know how to make it like what? Read : Recipe for Making Delicious Sate Madura for Sales/Family Events
Back to the topic, to make goat tongseng without coconut milk, you need to prepare the ingredients to be processed first. Anything?
Ingredients for goat tongseng without coconut milk
Some of the important ingredients that you must prepare include:
- 200 grams of mutton, diced
- ½ segment ginger
- 4 – 5 cloves of garlic
- Shallots 4-5 grains
- Chopped bird’s eye chilies, to taste (according to your spicy taste)
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1 stalk of lemon grass, crushed first
- Low fat milk 400 ml
- Water 300 ml
- White pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- Tomato 1 fruit, cut into small pieces
- Sweet soy sauce to taste
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- 2 teaspoons of tamarind water
- Coarse cut cabbage 70 grams
How to make a goat tongseng recipe without coconut milk
To make a recipe tongseng goat without coconut milk, the procedure is as follows:
- Grind ginger, coriander, garlic and salt
- Heat the oil, sauté the shallots, ground spices and lemon grass until fragrant
- Add the meat, stir-fry until the meat changes color then pour in the water and tamarind water
- Cook until the meat is cooked, pour in the milk that has been prepared and pour enough sweet soy sauce, stir evenly
- Cook until boiling and until the meat is cooked
- Enter the pepper, chili, and low-fat milk then stir well
- Add the tomatoes and cabbage, cook until the tomatoes and cabbage wilt then remove and serve
With all the ingredients and method of preparation above, this recipe for goat tongseng without coconut milk can be served for two servings.
Or do you want to try the tongseng version with coconut milk? For those of you who don’t abstain from coconut milk and want to try tongseng coconut milk creations, read: Recipe for Mutton Meat for Eid al-Adha [Tongseng Kambing, Rabeg, Sup Kambing]
Apart from being used as a soupy food, goats can also be processed into a variety of other preparations. Other goat meat creations, read: Recipe for Cooking Goat Meat Apart from Satay and Gule [Resep Meatloaf dan Kari Kambing]
Oh yes, in cooking goat meat there are some tips that need to be considered if you want cooked goat meat not to smell fishy. What are the tips like?