If you are a processed meat lover, this Padang beef rendang recipe will certainly be a recipe that you really like.
The delicious taste of the perfect blend of spices, the texture of tender meat and the processing method that takes time and patience will be the perfect blend that serves up a delicious plate of rendang to eat.
Indeed, many Padang rice sellers serve rendang menus there. But if you really want to serve it every day at home, there’s nothing wrong if you learn to cook it. What is the way to cook this padang beef rendang? Here’s the recipe!
Padang Beef Rendang Recipe
It’s so legendary that the archipelago knows this one dish and many people admit that the taste of rendang is second to none.
To make this dish, what ingredients are needed?
The ingredients for making Padang beef rendang
The ingredients needed to make the padang beef rendang recipe consist of the main ingredients and ground spices that none of them should be forgotten or overlooked.
The main ingredients that you need to prepare consist of:
- Beef 250 grams
- Bay leaves 2 pieces
- Lemongrass 1 stick, bruised
- Turmeric leaves 1 sheet
- Cardamom 2 seeds
- Cloves 3 seeds
- Cinnamon 1 stick
- Brown sugar 1.5 tablespoons, thinly sliced
- Coconut milk 400 ml
The ingredients for the ground spices that you have to prepare include:
- Shallots 8 cloves
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Galangal 1 segment
- Turmeric 1 segment
- Ginger 1 segment
- Coriander 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg 1 teaspoon
- 8 pieces of red chili
- Pepper, salt and seasonings to taste
How to make Padang beef rendang recipe
If all the ingredients have been prepared, now follow the procedure for making it. How to make typical Padang rendang is very easy.
The steps that need to be taken are as follows:
- First cut the meat and grind the spices with a blender
- Sauté the ground spices and add the pieces of beef, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves then stir.
- After the meat releases water, turn off the heat and wait for 30 minutes.
- Turn the fire back on and pour the coconut milk then stir – stir.
- Cook the rendang until tender and until the spices are completely absorbed.
- Make sure the meat is cooked and turn off the heat then.
- Rendang is ready to be enjoyed.
Serve with crackers and warm rice. Guaranteed to whet the appetite. For other beef rendang recipes, read: Special Beef Rendang Recipe Suitable For Family Gatherings
Oh yes, so that the meat you are going to cook becomes soft rendang, there is a separate cooking technique that you need to do. What’s the technique like?
How to cook meat so that it is tender
In order for the meat to be cooked into rendang to be tender, there is a cooking technique that you need to know.
How to cook meat so tender as follows:
- First, know how to cut the right meat. Cut the meat in the opposite direction to the grain of the meat. This is done with the aim of making the fibers shorter so that the meat will be tender quickly when cooked and easier to chew when eaten.
- Once cut properly, place the meat at room temperature and wrap it in papaya leaves. If you don’t have papaya leaves, you can coat it with pineapple juice and let it sit for a while before cooking.
- When cooking, use technique 5 – 30 – 7. What does that mean? So boil the meat with boiling water for 5 minutes, turn off the stove and cover the pot then boil the meat again for 30 minutes and turn off the stove again and let it sit for a while then boil the meat again for 7 minutes. This technique is believed to make the meat more tender.
Besides being able to be processed into a Padang beef rendang recipe, meat can actually be processed into various other processed foods that are no less delicious. Call it made into beefsteak or fat meat for example.
What’s the recipe like?
For beefsteak recipes, see: Practical Processed Beef Recipes – Teriyaki Beef and Beef Steak Recipes
Regarding fat beef recipes, read: Galangal Beef Gepuk Recipe, Soft and Delicious Sundanese Cuisine
So little information that we can share regarding the Padang beef rendang recipe. Enjoy trying this Padang recipe and don’t forget to prepare it as a special family meal at home.