Want to try making your own snacks for your little one? Usually children like snacks that have a soft texture. In addition, children also like chocolate-flavored snacks on average. Because of that, this chocolate-filled mochi recipe will definitely be liked by children.
Besides being suitable as a special snack for your little ones, this mochi recipe filled with chocolate is also suitable for serving in various situations and conditions. Being used as a selling idea or snack idea when there is a celebration is also very suitable.
What are the ingredients and how do you make it? Here we will discuss special for you!
Chocolate Filled Mochi Recipe – Special Mochi Recipe
Before we share the recipe for mochi with chocolate filling, we will first talk about the mochi cake itself.
So, mochi cake is a glutinous rice cake originating from Japan. In its home country, this cake is often served at traditional Japanese events such as mochitsuki events or Japanese New Year celebrations.
Meanwhile in Indonesia, many people also like this cake and it has been modified with quite a lot of filling creations. One of them that we will try to cook this time is mochi with chocolate filling.
Chocolate filled mochi ingredients
The materials needed consist of a class of mochi ingredients, stuffing ingredients and coating materials. Everything needs to be well prepared.
The required mochi ingredients consist of:
- Flour sticky rice 300 grams
- Oil 50 grams
- Water 250 grams
- Tutti frutti flavor 3 grams
- Vanilla powder / vanilla extract 2 grams
- Salt 2 grams
- White sweetened condensed milk 140 grams
Required filling materials:
- Wheat flour 40 grams
- Butter 30 grams
- Water 140 grams
- Milk 140 grams
- Chocolate powder 20 grams
- Chocolate bar, chopped 115 grams
- White sweetened condensed milk 100 grams
- Salt 1/3 teaspoon
Required coating material:
- Tapioca 100 grams
- Pandan leaves to taste
How to make mochi filled with chocolate
There are several stages of the process needed to get creative with this chocolate filled mochi recipe. You can follow the steps for making it below:
- First, make the filling in advance by preparing all the ingredients for the filling according to the instructions for the ingredients above.
- Heat the Teflon, put the butter into the hot Teflon, add the flour, stir until fragrant.
- Add it to the mixture in the form of water, milk, sweetened condensed milk, and cocoa powder then stir until thickened.
- When it’s thick and cooked, add the chocolate bar and stir until melted and evenly distributed.
- Transfer the stuffing into an empty container and then cover with plastic wrap. After that, leave it in the fridge until the filling is set.
- If the filling is ready, now make the mochi dough while waiting for the filling to set.
- Take all the mochi dough ingredients according to the instructions above and place them in a container.
- Stir the ingredients until they are evenly mixed and put in a heat-resistant and non-stick container then steam the ingredients until cooked. Don’t forget to cover the container with aluminum foil.
- While waiting, make the mochi coating dough by preparing a frying pan or teflon. Add tapioca flour and pandan leaves after that roast until the pandan leaves dry, have a fragrant aroma and then move to a container. Wait until it cools down.
- Take the filling dough that has been set, put it in the coating dough container and mix it until it is coated then set it aside.
- If the mochi dough is cooked, remove it and then transfer it to a cutting board covered with roasted tapioca flour. Then shape the mochi using rolling and flatten it.
- Enter the stuffing then cover until tightly. Round shape like mini balls with filling.
- If so, mochi is ready to be served. Good luck!
The sweet and legit taste of chocolate with the mochi creation above will definitely be liked by children. Not only children, many adults also like this one creation recipe. So don’t forget to try it at home!
Or do you want to try other chocolate cake creations or dessert recipes that children also like? Read : Children’s Snack Recipe for 1000 Mozzarella Chocolate Coated Bananas
That’s the creation of a chocolate filled mochi recipe that you can try at home. Enjoy trying the recipes above and make your dishes the most special for your children and family members at home.